The Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General (OCAG) is seeking a Facilities/ IT Helpdesk Support Officer to join the Finance, Facilities and ICT Teams on a short term basis for a period of up to 3 months.
Purpose of the Position
The primary purpose of the role is to maintain high quality office facilities that provide a safe and comfortable environment for the staff and handling of first line resolution of ICT/ facilities helpdesk queries. The post holder will play a supporting role to the Finance, Facilities and ICT Unit Manager.
Description of the Position
Job Description – Facilities/ IT Helpdesk Support Officer
Key responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Provide a first line contact for the facilities function for all internal and external customers/contractors
- Manager all external providers e.g. security, maintenance provider(s), cleaning, air conditioning etc.
- Ensuring procurement of all relevant goods and services are in compliance with OCAG’s and the Officer of Government Procurement policies to ensure the procuring of services and utilities are in line with public procurement requirements
- Co-ordination of all premises work and engagement of the necessary providers to include planned and responsive maintenance, refurbishment, redecoration, office moves and the provision of furniture and office equipment
- Manage ordering of supplies
- Manage file registry and archiving system
- Organisation of all types of office storage areas
- Assistance with organisation of storage area in warehouse (located in Finglas)
- Respond effectively to all telephone queries and complaints, using effective listening, questioning and problem-solving skills
- Liaise with building contractors to follow through on approved work
- Assist the Finance, Facilities and ICT Manager to ensure that the OCAG complies with all statutory regulations and code of practice; liaise with OPW property management team, landlord management company and other tenants of the building, contractors etc.
- Assist in compliance of existing Health and Safety policy, safe working practices and OCAG best practice, liaising closely with the Finance and Facilities Manager
- Provide general assistance on all facilities related functions in the OCAG as and when required, including set up of meeting rooms, provision of refreshments for meetings etc.
- Assist in PC/desk moves by setting up PC, minor cabling and relocating PCs and phones
- Facilitating disposal/relocation of furniture and other general office use items and equipment
- Manning and first line of response resolution of facilities and ICT helpdesk incidents and requests
- Operate and maintain an effective filing system for the facilities function
- Create purchase orders, manage invoices and produce reports as requested
- Work as part of the energy efficiency team
Please note that the above list is not exhaustive and the Finance and Facilities Manager will assign other duties as appropriate to the role. The above list of key responsibilities is a basic guide to the scope of the position. It is subject to ongoing review and will develop and change in line with the constantly evolving practices and procedures in the OCAG.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Sufficient experience of providing a facilities or maintenance service in a busy organisation,
- Some experience of working with contractors and suppliers and monitoring of service standards,
- Understanding of compliance requirements and working with service level agreements,
- Proven experience of delivering excellent customer care and service,
- Experience of complaints handling and follow up procedures,
- Enthusiasm and commitment to learn about and getting involved in the facilities function’s activities,
- Highly organised, resilient and capable of working with minimal supervision,
- Relevant experience of working in a comparable administrative office based role,
- Ability to prioritise workload, to work under pressure with a high level of organisational proficiency and initiative,
- Strong computer skills with competency in Microsoft Office and database packages,
- Good attention to detail and ability to follow procedures,
- Good numeracy skills, ability to process invoices accurately and efficiently,
- The ability to deal tactfully, calmly and effectively with a wide range of people from within and outside the organisation,
- Strong command of written and spoken English,
- Excellent telephone manner, common sense and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels,
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team,
- Completion of manual handling course.
This job description reflects the current situation. It does not preclude change or development that might be required in the future.
Contract length: 3 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: €432.14 per week