25 Nov Head of Accommodation Capacity (Level 2) Permanent Position
Location:Flexible: (either of the following locations: Dublin, Cork)
Fáilte Ireland is currently seeking to recruit a highly motivated and energetic individual to join its Leadership Team. The successful candidate will have specific responsibility for capacity growth within the sector, development of the role of the accommodation sharing economy plus lead the quality and standards area.
The role will report to the Director of Industry Development and can be based in one of the following locations: Dublin / Cork
The successful candidate will have a minimum of five years’ successful experience in a senior business management role that includes commercial & financial responsibilities, stakeholder engagement and team management. We are looking for an individual who has demonstrated a capability within the tourism investment sector, has highly developed interpersonal skills and has demonstrated an ability to build strong external and internal strategic partnerships. A strong commercial mindset with experience of initiating key strategic projects is also required. Additionally, they will have the following skills:
· Working knowledge of tourism investment best practices
· Working knowledge of investment feasibility analysis
· Detailed knowledge of tourism performance
· Delivery of key strategic projects
· Working collaboratively across functions
· Leadership and management skills
In order to be eligible to apply for this role you must have / demonstrate in your application form the following essential criteria:
· Minimum of 5 years’ successful experience in a senior business management role to include commercial and financial responsibilities
· Proven capability within the tourism investment sector
· Working knowledge of project management methodology and processes
· Knowledge of accommodation standards and how they impact investment choice
· Minimum of Degree Level 8 in a relevant related discipline is essential
· Knowledge of global investment trends and performance
· Knowledge of trends in global tourism that impact on Ireland
· Network of key tourism and investment stakeholders
· Leadership through Change
· Strategic Thinking
· Commercial Acumen
· Relationship Management
Primary Objectives/Key Responsibilities Industry Development:
• Create and implement the accommodation capacity development strategy & attract and make it easy for increased financial investment in the sector
• Proactively develop data and insights on Ireland's potential as a tourism investment choice
• Work closely with external stakeholders including LA’s, investors and management companies to position Ireland as a positive choice for tourism investment
• Lead the registration & quality assurance strategy & ensure that our quality standards continue to develop to meet the changing needs of visitors
• Develop and utilise data and insights, stakeholder engagement, value propositions, business cases and implementation plans for programmes to deliver all of the above.
• Deliver bespoke research that will inform capacity development policy and practice
• Identify and engage key stakeholders in the investment market and develop and foster strong working relationships
• Provide leadership in the area of Investment analysis in the organisation.
• Build alignment and commitment with key stakeholders to the accommodation strategy and work with them to develop a proactive approach to investment opportunities
• Develop and maintain excellent internal and external stakeholder relationships to achieve the
• Inspire, lead and support team members to perform to the best of their ability individually and collectively within teams to meet predetermined objectives.
• Develop accurate manpower plans to ensure that all projects within the Accommodation Development team are resourced with the appropriate skills and headcount.
• Monitor the deployment of resources to ensure optimal outcomes
• Actively coach, mentor, evaluate, develop, motivate, delegate and monitor the activities of team members and conduct Performance Reviews in line with Fáilte Ireland policy.
• Manage cross functional resources to deliver agreed projects and KPI’s
Governance & Reporting
• Comply with all aspects of organisation policy
• Report, as required, to the Fáilte Ireland Authority and to the Investment Sub-Committee of the Authority, on the approval of strategies, plans, projects and capital investment recommendations.
• Be an active member of the Leadership Team.
Carry out all other duties as required and participate as a full member of the Industry Development Team by supporting different work projects, as required, from time to time.
*The successful candidate will commence on the 1st point of the salary scale in line with current Government pay policy.
To develop and implement the accommodation capacity strategy for Ireland including clear development priorities and KPI’s.
To attract and make it easy for domestic and international investment into the development of incremental accommodation capacity in Ireland to meet visitor demand
Influence and optimise how Fáilte Ireland supports investment in the development of accommodation capacity.
To support key stakeholders to attract and support the implementation of investment in accommodation capacity.
To develop the registration and quality assurance strategy to meet the changing needs of the visitor while ensuring the solutions are financially viable.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this role please email Failte@consciatraining.com for details and application form.
Closing Date: Friday 6th December at 12.00 noon (Ireland Time)
It is anticipated that interviews will take place on Thursday, 19th December 2019.