Short Term Contract Auditor
The Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General
The Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General (OCAG) are currently recruiting for Auditors.
Around 300 public bodies are audited by the C&AG. The primary purpose of audit work is to provide assurance on the accuracy of the accounts of these public bodies. In addition, the C&AG carries out a range of examinations of material programmes or areas of administration where there is a perceived risk that public funds may not be properly or efficiently utilised.
*This role requires an immediate start. Applicants are to required to be currently based in Ireland*
We are seeking a number of Auditor’s to work with the Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General.
This role will see you assist the Senior Auditor in effectively delivering audits and/or reporting topics in compliance with the OCAG requirements (standards and budgets) including taking responsibility for end-to-end delivery of some audits/projects. Responsibilities will include:
- Planning, executing and reporting financial and other audit/reporting work to OCAG standards and in a timely manner.
- Developing (or assisting in developing) audit/examination approaches as required.
- Where appropriate, undertaking supervision, review and//or other activities.
- Maintaining and updating professional knowledge by identification of own training and development needs, updating skills and attending relevant training courses as agreed with manager.
- Responsibility for client relationships (level of responsibility appropriate to client category).
- Providing written material which is clear and concise and addresses the relevant issues.
- Exercising appropriate judgement in providing conclusions and meaningful recommendations.
- Members of an accountancy body recognised in Ireland.
- A minimum of one-year post qualification experience.
- Good oral and written communication skills are essential and the ability to communicate effectively and in a professional manner when dealing with clients.
- Written communication skills are required for drafting reports on the audit and management letters.
- Technical Ability: A good understanding of technical auditing and accounting issues as well as auditing experience within the past 5 years.
- Public Sector Accounting/Auditing: Experience of auditing and/or accounting in the public sector.
- Specific Competencies: Evidence of good analytical and decision-making skills and an ability to deliver results in auditing/accounting environments.
- IT Skills: Good IT skills are essential with particular experience of working in an electronic audit working papers environment.
How to Apply:
- For more details please contact Lorna MacCallion – firstname.lastname@example.org