TheComptroller and Auditor General (C&AG) is currently recruiting forthe role of Trainee Auditor.
C&AG audit almost 300 centralgovernment and State bodies to ensure that public funds are properly accountedfor. These core government activities cover a broad range of areas and impacton citizens lives such as tax collection, social supports and programmes,education expenditure, health services, regulators and financing bodies. Auditsare conducted in accordance with professional standards
- Working as part of audit teams which carry out the audits of annual financial statements of public bodies such as government departments/offices and State-sponsored, health and educational bodies
- Reviewing the internal control systems in place in these audited bodies
- Participating in project audits of significant programmes or areas of expenditure
- Participating in performance measurement reviews in the Office’s Reporting Directorate
- Participating in inspections of other publicly funded organisations.
In return you will receive:
- Starting salary of €34,303
- Funding and study leave for professional accountancy exams
- Flexible working hours
- Excellent career development including opportunities for promotion once qualified
- A structured learning and development environmnet to develop key skills and competencies.
Working for the Office will give you theopportunity to:
- Become a professional accountant (or continue your development if already qualified)
- Engage with a wide range of stakeholders, including public bodies and other audit institutions
- Learn and develop skills for a career in audit, accountancy and the public service.
Full details on the role includingdetails on the essential requirements are outlined in the Candidate InformationBooklet which can be found at https://consciatraining.com/OCAG/